Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Infinite Days


Quick Plot: Lenah Beaudonte was a vampire. Now she's not. She's navigating high school life, breaking hearts, learning to drive, and making friends-- you know, normal high school girl stuff. Oh wait-- then she is a vampire again and then the most interesting character... dies--and I'm not talking about the vampire queen??? or is that a sequel plug (oh, let it be a sequel plug.)


This one is quick and enjoyable. I think the twist of the vampire turned human is interesting. There is a bit of belief suspension as the reader is expected to believe that the main character has been suspended for 100 years, but is able to suddenly pick up and behave normally enough in everyday life. A fun twist about this novel is that, as in the luxe series, it's always fun to hear a character wax on about old fashions. (I'm not being facetious.) Maybe it's girly of me, but I enjoy a good description of a dress, and shoes. I expect that this is a series, and look forward to reading the next one.
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment